Eco-Solutionaries Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Most active topic starters
Carlita Shaw
The Crisis in Theatre Ecology I_vote_lcapThe Crisis in Theatre Ecology I_voting_barThe Crisis in Theatre Ecology I_vote_rcap 
Ecosolutionary
The Crisis in Theatre Ecology I_vote_lcapThe Crisis in Theatre Ecology I_voting_barThe Crisis in Theatre Ecology I_vote_rcap 
HumbleVoyager

Keywords

Latest topics
» Freevolt generates power from thin air
The Crisis in Theatre Ecology EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 12:07 am by Carlita Shaw

» THE BATTLE FOR SOLAR POWER & THE ALTERNATIVE ENERGY RENAISSANCE
The Crisis in Theatre Ecology EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 10:55 pm by Carlita Shaw

» House made out of Salvaged Recycled Wood and Materials
The Crisis in Theatre Ecology EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 2:01 am by Carlita Shaw

» Elora Hardy: Magical houses, made of bamboo
The Crisis in Theatre Ecology EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:58 am by Carlita Shaw

» KFSSI BLUEPRINT TEACHING WEEK
The Crisis in Theatre Ecology EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 4:03 pm by Carlita Shaw

» James Gilliland - The Peter Maxwell Slattery Show
The Crisis in Theatre Ecology EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:29 pm by Carlita Shaw

» Jose Mujica- Speech that Honours the Earth & Humanity
The Crisis in Theatre Ecology EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:07 pm by Carlita Shaw

» No More Ugly Solar Panels – Beautiful and Practical Solar Roofs
The Crisis in Theatre Ecology EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:05 pm by Carlita Shaw

» Free Energy is becoming the new Renaissance
The Crisis in Theatre Ecology EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 5:52 pm by Carlita Shaw

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Crisis in Theatre Ecology

Go down

The Crisis in Theatre Ecology Empty The Crisis in Theatre Ecology

Post by Carlita Shaw Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:37 am

A crisis that very much reflects the crisis in most human societies today, community is healed and strengthened through the Arts <3

Prasanna talks on The Contemporary Crisis in Theatre Ecology as part of the Azim Premji University Public Lecture Series
Nov 16, 2013

About the Talk:
Theatre is a game of falsehood which is played to help us understand truth. It is also designed to enhance communicative skills among human beings. It has become entertainment of late, machine made entertainment, to be more specific. By converting theatre into applied art, like television serials, cinema, advertisements, and internet programmes, we have brought an imbalance in the ecology of theatre. The talk will focus on the ecological as well as cultural implications of this development.

About the Speaker
Prasanna, theatre director, writer and activist, is one of the pioneers of modern Kannada theatre. He co-founded the influential theatre group, Samudaya, in the 1970s. He has directed plays in Kannada, Hindi, Punjabi and English for various theatre repertories including National School of Drama, New Delhi, Rangmandal, Bhopal and Rangayana, Mysore. He has published several plays in Kannada including Tadroopi and Haddu Meerida Haadi. He has also written Desiya Jeevana Paddati (The Practices of Desi Life, 2005), Yantragalannu Kalachona Banni (Unclasping Ourselves from Machines, 2009) and Desiya Aaahara Paddati (The Culture of Desi Food, 2013), all of which offer sustained reflections on the ways of living ethically in the modern world. He has recently published Indian Method in Acting, a pioneering effort at interpreting the methods of modern Indian theatre. Prasanna is also founder of Charaka, an enormously successful women's co-operative in Bhimanakone, whose products are found at Desi outlets in Bangalore and elsewhere in Karnataka.
Carlita Shaw
Carlita Shaw
Admin

https://ecosolutionaries.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down