Eco-Solutionaries Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Most active topic starters
Carlita Shaw
How to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines? I_vote_lcapHow to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines? I_voting_barHow to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines? I_vote_rcap 
Ecosolutionary
How to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines? I_vote_lcapHow to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines? I_voting_barHow to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines? I_vote_rcap 
HumbleVoyager

Keywords

Latest topics
» Freevolt generates power from thin air
How to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines? EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 12:07 am by Carlita Shaw

» THE BATTLE FOR SOLAR POWER & THE ALTERNATIVE ENERGY RENAISSANCE
How to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines? EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 10:55 pm by Carlita Shaw

» House made out of Salvaged Recycled Wood and Materials
How to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines? EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 2:01 am by Carlita Shaw

» Elora Hardy: Magical houses, made of bamboo
How to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines? EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:58 am by Carlita Shaw

» KFSSI BLUEPRINT TEACHING WEEK
How to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 4:03 pm by Carlita Shaw

» James Gilliland - The Peter Maxwell Slattery Show
How to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines? EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:29 pm by Carlita Shaw

» Jose Mujica- Speech that Honours the Earth & Humanity
How to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines? EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:07 pm by Carlita Shaw

» No More Ugly Solar Panels – Beautiful and Practical Solar Roofs
How to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines? EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:05 pm by Carlita Shaw

» Free Energy is becoming the new Renaissance
How to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines? EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 5:52 pm by Carlita Shaw

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

How to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines?

2 posters

Go down

How to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines? Empty How to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines?

Post by HumbleVoyager Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:31 pm

As I have been getting to know the psychedelic/entheogenic community, I have been confronted with some people who seem to belong to the Church of Ayahuasca (my terminology), which has all sorts of rules as to what substances can be deemed "truly healing" and which ones are "synthetic" and therefore not capable of producing the same healing or transformation as a plant medicine.

If we look at the history of entheogens in the West, there are countless accounts of alcoholics and other drug addicts being healed with LSD, psilocybin (synthetically produced), and ketamine.

How can we work together to create a more inclusive community that does not judge the wide range of experiences people have with their own vehicles (read: methods of attaining personal revelation and enlightenment including yoga, meditation, and the use of a wide range of psychoactive substances). We all end up at the same place spiritually, physically, and emotionally. We are all working to arrive.

And once we can foster this kind of inclusion and reduction of division, we can begin to focus on the larger issues at hand, such as working together to save this beautiful place we call Home.

Namaste
Looking forward to your responses and discussion!

Love and Blessings

HumbleVoyager

Back to top Go down

How to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines? Empty Re: How to eliminate prejudice in the use of entheogenic medicines?

Post by Carlita Shaw Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:19 pm

Such important insights and you brought up some really valid points, not to disrespect members of the Aya Church community but I personally met a few of them and don't agree with certain rules and ideas they have, any specific ''religious'' indoctrination seems to foster such division and create judgements and prejudices unfortunately. We do need to create a more open space that welcomes exploration, with respect to rules regarding safety and respectful use of the plants and remind folks not to get caught up in the fragmentations of division. Though I do feel that indigenous shamans offer more authentisism than people in the west that plunge into using these labels on themselves. I am rather careful of some western plastic shamans than think a month or so training with an authentic shaman lends them to adopt the title themselves. This is another intrepid area of Plant medicine that some New Age Westerners hijack for profit rather than for true expansion of consciousness. Definately a lot of things to discuss regarding these issues. Thank you for your insights
Carlita Shaw
Carlita Shaw
Admin

https://ecosolutionaries.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum